COVID-19 : Please note that the vaccination passport will be verified during certification. All candidates must therefore have received their two doses of vaccine to attend the certification.
This certification program has been offered by the Quebec and Eastern Ontario chapter since 1989.
This certification is mandatory by the Bureau de Normalisation du Québec and by the CSA Quality Assurance Program. Sessions can be organized on request for groups of twelve people or more.
The purpose of this certification is to promote quality and to ensure that the methods of sampling and testing concrete on the job site meet the standards prescribed by the CSA.
The certification is intended for field technicians or anyone employed by concrete suppliers, contractors, testing laboratories, government agencies and other organizations in the construction industry.
ACI Certification Card :
Candidates who have passed the exams (theoretical and practical) will receive a certificate and a certification card from ACI International. This certification is valid for a period of five years.
ACI Certification Sessions :
Certification sessions are offered every year, in the spring and in the fall.
Other sessions are organized on request for groups of twelve people or more.
Subjects of the theoretical and practical examination :
The following standars from the CSA A23.2-19 :
- 1C - Sampling plastic concrete;
- 3C - Making and Curing Concrete Compression and Flexural Test Specimens;
- 4C - Air Content of Plastic Concrete by the Pressure Method;
- 5C - Slump of Concrete;
- 6C - Density, and Yield, of Plastic Concrete;
- 7C - Air Content of Plastic Concrete by the Volumetric Method;
- 17C - Temperature of Freshly Mixed Hydraulic Cement Concrete;
- 19C - Slump flow of concrete.
Typical schedule of a session :
- A few days before the session: Theoretical review by Zoom (usually between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.)
- Day of the session: Written exam (without documentation) and practical exam in front of an examiner (usually between 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- No meals are provided
- Full session : $480.00 plus taxes (includes documentation)
- Retake of the theoretical exam : $170.00 (plus taxes)
- Retake of the practical exam : $170.00 (plus taxes)
- Retake of the theoretical and practical exams: $340.00 (plus taxes)
Payment terms :
Registrations are online only on the website and payment can be made by credit card.
Note that your registration confirmation is also your invoice.
Cancellation Policy :
No refunds for cancellations within 2 weeks of the session. However, substitutions of people are possible. Also, if a study guide was sent to you, the cost for it will be deducted from the refund.