This certification program has been offered by the Quebec and Eastern Ontario chapter since 1989.
This certification is mandatory by the Bureau de Normalisation du Québec and by the CSA Quality Assurance Program. Sessions can be organized on request for groups of twelve people or more.
The purpose of this certification is to promote quality and to ensure that the methods of sampling and testing concrete on the job site meet the standards prescribed by the CSA.
The certification is intended for field technicians or anyone employed by concrete suppliers, contractors, testing laboratories, government agencies and other organizations in the construction industry.
ACI Certification Card :
Candidates who have passed the exams (theoretical and practical) will receive a certificate and a certification card from ACI International. This certification is valid for a period of five years.
ACI Certification Sessions :
Certification sessions are offered every year, in the spring and in the fall.
Other sessions are organized on request for groups of twelve people or more.
Subjects of the theoretical and practical examination :
The following standars from the CSA A23.2-19 :
- 1C - Sampling plastic concrete;
- 3C - Making and Curing Concrete Compression and Flexural Test Specimens;
- 4C - Air Content of Plastic Concrete by the Pressure Method;
- 5C - Slump of Concrete;
- 6C - Density, and Yield, of Plastic Concrete;
- 7C - Air Content of Plastic Concrete by the Volumetric Method;
- 17C - Temperature of Freshly Mixed Hydraulic Cement Concrete;
- 19C - Slump flow of concrete.
Typical schedule of a session :
- 15h00-17h00 - Revision of the CSA Standards
- 17h00-17h15 - Break
- 17h15-18h25 - Theoretical exam (without documentation)
- 18h25-19h00 - Group meal (included)
- 19h00-22h00 - Practical exam
- Full session : $440.00 plus taxes (includes documentation and the meal)
- Retake of the theoretical exam : $160.00 (plus taxes)
- Retake of the practical exam : $160.00 (plus taxes)
- Retake of the theoretical and practical exams: $320.00 (plus taxes)
Payment terms :
Registrations are online only on the website and payment can be made :
- By credit card
- By check: note that payment must be received before the session. Please do not forget to attach a copy of your registration confirmation with your check payable to:
ACI - Section du Quebec et de l’Est de l’Ontario
and sent to the following address :
CP 57501 BP Courville
Quebec City (Quebec) G1C 7W3
Note that your registration confirmation is also your invoice.
Cancellation Policy :
No refunds for cancellations within 2 weeks of the session. However, substitutions of people are possible.